Under general supervision, the Research Assistant will assist the lab gain mechanistic understanding of cellular and physiological responses to the metabolic environment and metabolic stress.
For more information on the laboratory’s focus go to https://www.schafferlab.org
- Assist with managing a colony of genetically altered mice including mouse husbandry and breeding, designing crosses, and maintaining organization and documentation of colony.
- In conjunction with other lab staff, conducts research studies of metabolism in mice to test hypotheses using physiological and molecular biological approaches.
- Maintains appropriate records of study design and results.
- Evaluates research results, discussing project outcomes with laboratory personnel.
- Coordinates research project(s) with internal and external collaborators.
- Assists with general laboratory supply and equipment maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Biology, Biomedical Sciences, or related field
- 0-1 years of general experience working in a basic science research lab
- Experience with PCR
- Basic understanding of genetics
- Familiarity with animal handling and husbandry
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, timeliness
- Highly motivated and ability to work in fast paced environment
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Employee Events
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Vacation/paid time off
- Subsidized Commuting
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Gym Memberships
- Employee Referral Program
- Military Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
Cardiovascular Research Scientist