The Institute for Medical Research affiliated with the Durham VA Durham VA Health Care System(DVAMC) is looking for a Research Assistant to assist with select clinical research studies conducted by the Principal Investigator, Dr. Stephen Freedland, and his associates in his urology research lab. This position will start in Spring 2020. Contingent on good performance in the first semester, the Research Assistant will be asked to stay for the entire 2020-2021 academic year.
- Data entry, review, maintenance, and analysis using Access databases
- Assist in organizing and maintaining human specimen bank
- Locate and refile tissue slides and blocks
- Assist in shipping, mailing, and delivery of study specimens and/or paperwork
- Contact patients to remind them of questionnaire return, upcoming appointments, etc.
- Follow all regulatory procedures for research studies and document any deviations from those procedures
- Maintain all study documents in appropriate study files and ensure quality control