Pairwise believes healthy foodshould be affordable, convenient, and sustainable. We believe geneediting can be used to accelerate plant breeding in leveraging the naturalgenetic diversity in agricultural crops to address global food challenges. We are bringing the benefits of these new innovations both to producersand directly to consumers through the produce aisle of their local grocerystore. Located in the Raleigh-Durham metro area, Pairwise was establishedin 2017 and has formed a strong team of almost 100 employees to meet ouraggressive product development goals.
Pairwise is seeking to hire a motivatedcandidate into its Trait Development group to help achieve core aspects of thecompany’s R&D platform and be part of developing our scientific strategy. Weare looking for candidates with Bachelor or Master’s level training and theability to work independently and as part of the team. Core responsibilitiesinclude applying state-of-the-art molecular biology techniques in support of aquantitative high throughput plant next generation sequencing pipeline. Yourcontribution will be critical to developing and expanding our molecularscreening pipeline. You will employ various next generation sequencing workflowsfrom library construction to sequencing for platforms including Illumina Miseq,Oxford Nanopore and PacBio Sequel in order to meet aggressive targets amidst aculture where science is fun.
Summary of Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with team members to establish and maintain a reliable molecular screening pipeline that fills critical R&D goals for genome editing technologies and trait production
- Apply experience and innovation to drive continuous optimization and improvements in standard processes that support these functions
- Bring new techniques and methodologies into the Pairwise research sphere
- Collaborate across multifunctional teams to find new insights
- Through time management and efficient planning, apply your skills and execute core responsibilities to proactively support multiple functions within R&D
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, biology or any biological discipline requiring lab work
- Previous lab work experience and demonstrated skills
- Knowledge and experience keeping accurate scientific records via LIMs and laboratory notebooks
- Previous experience operating/programing liquid handlers or automated laboratory equipment for setting up high throughput molecular assays is of high interest.
- Proven abilities in developing and optimizing assays for reliable routine use within a pipeline
· Experience monitoring/reporting keyperformance indicators within a workflow
- Experience and knowledge in laboratory safe practices, including use of PPE, SDSs and proper handling and disposal of laboratory waste
- Ability to work collaboratively in a large lab setting
- Ability to work and manage time independently