Primary Location:US-CA-West Sacramento
Education Level:Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 15 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Duration: Consulting Position, 12+ Months
Location: West Sacramento, California
Job Title: Research Associate
Scope of Position:
The ideal candidate will work with a small team of scientists to support screening platforms. He or she will utilize their skills to culture and evaluate through in vitro assays new microbial products. A successful candidate will have extensive experience culturing and working with gram negative and positive bacteria. He or she must work independently, have good technical experience, enthusiasm, and collaborate well with other researchers.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Culture fastidious bacteria in both liquid and solid formats
• Support existing screening platforms for activity against certain bacterial plant pathogens
• Communicate experimental results, activity status and potential concerns in an effective manner
• Maintain laboratory documentation in accordance to required scientific, regulatory, and intellectual property requirements (including protocols and reports)
• Take initiative in keeping current with literature in areas of assignment
• Ensure compliance with all existing safety and stewardship standards in the area of responsibility
Required Experience and Skills:
• The position requires a B.S. in Biotechnology, Microbiology or a related discipline with a minimum 1 year experience.
• Extensive experience in microbial culturing, isolation, and understanding the unique characteristics of both gram negative and gram positive bacteria
• Hands-on experience in manipulating fastidious organisms strongly preferred
• In vitro assay development strongly preferred
• Experience with lab automation preferred
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)
• CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
• Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume to Rachel.Bruso@ctg.com
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.