My name is Crystal Valdez and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Research Associate for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Cambridge, MA. Details for the position are as follows:
- This position will play an important role in a group developing stable CHO cell lines for the production of therapeutic antibodies and proteins.
- Executes molecular and cellular processes to generate cell lines using suspension format CHO cells.
- Conducts molecular biology studies to construct or modify expression vectors, genetically characterize cell lines, analyse for sequence variants, etc.
- With limited guidance, employs state-of-the-art methods at various stages of cell line development and generates CHO cell lines of high productivity and quality
- Executes studies aimed at phenotypic and genotypic characterizations of the cell lines
- Documents experimental results accurately, completely and timely in electronic laboratory notebook
- Interprets data with support from supervisor, and provides periodic updates to the team and the department
- BS/MS degree in biochemistry, biology, biotechnology or related sciences
- 2+ years (MS) or 5+ years (BS) of experience in molecular biology / CHO cell line development
- Experience in molecular biology methods including sub-cloning, expression vector modifications, and RT-qPCR or ddPCR, and understanding of NGS desirable
- Sound knowledge of cell culture principles and experience in aseptic techniques required
- Experience in CLD technologies including suspension culture of CHO cells, single-cell cloning, clonality assessment, and clone screening highly desirable