My name is Crystal Valdez and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Research Associate for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Dixon, CA. Details for the position are as follows:
- The Transgenic Technology department seeks a motivated laboratory researcher who will assist in discovery of groundbreaking therapeutics by supporting the primary research of several hundred internal customers.
- The responsibilities include processing samples in the laboratory (both manually and via laboratory robotics), analyzing and performing quality control of genetic data, and helping to evaluate and implement new technologies (specifically, a new amplicon-based NGS workflow).
- Basic understanding of PCR, quantitative/real-time PCR (TaqMan; 5' nuclease assay), and other nucleic acid amplification and detection techniques.
- Strong comprehension of next-generation sequencing (NGS) methodologies. You should demonstrate the ability to create basic PCR and qPCR assays.
- A more qualified candidate would also have functional knowledge regarding routine mammalian genetic constructs used in genome engineering, such as conditional knock-out models employing the Cre-Lox system. Additionally, candidates with experience in the Python programming language are preferred
- BS (or higher) with two or more years' job experience in an academic or industrial research laboratory (university and class experience does not qualify)