About the role
Abcam is a leading web-based business supplying research tools to life scientists worldwide.
We are seeking a Research Associate to assist in the development of novel homogenous immunoassays in our Eugene, OR facility. The core responsibility will be to provide support to the homogenous immunoassay development team through the use of antibody-based laboratory techniques such as sandwich ELISA, Western blot and flow cytometry as well as the generation of biological materials for analysis.
Our culture is one that empowers individuals with responsibility given at an early stage. The environment is fun and fast-paced, with everybody working together as a team to deliver great service and the best products to our customers. In addition to competitive salaries we offer an attractive flexible benefits package that includes share options.
Roles & responsibilities:
Perform documented methods required for homogenous immunoassay development
Assist in further validation of antibodies, proteins and lysates for immunoassay development
- Maintain good laboratory records
Communicate experimental detail information both verbally and in technical reports and notes
- Perform tissue culture
Generate cell, tissue, subcellular fractions and purified protein materials required for assay development
- Comply with all safety and quality regulations
- Routine maintenance and troubleshooting of scientific equipment
- May be required to perform other duties as required/assigned
- B.S. in Biology, or closely related discipline
- One year of relevant laboratory experience
- 1+ year of experience in an industry setting
Experience in sandwich ELISA based immunoassays, homogenous assays, Western blot, immunocytochemistry, and flow cytometry strongly desired
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills
- Be able to follow detailed instructions precisely
- Maintain accurate and detailed records
- Must possess strong organization skills
Must have excellent computer skills including instrumentation specific software, and proficiency in Microsoft office.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Position requires prolonged stints of standing/sitting
Display manual dexterity required to operate office and heavy lab equipment
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Lab setting 70%
- Office setting 30%
Exposure to toxic/hazardous/dangerous chemicals and biohazards
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.