Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Research Associate for our Normal, IL facility.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Responsible for overseeing or carrying out, as needed, all phases of data management.
- Manage the development of SPSS code in the form of syntax files to clean and manipulate data sets and to conduct various analyses, and multiple regressions, and assess reliability and validity of measures through statistical analyses.
- Interpret results from descriptive, univariate, and multivariate analyses
- Mentor new Research Associates and Interns as assigned.
- Manage the development and maintenance of a standard in-house training process for all new Research Associate hires.
- Coordinate responses to requests to use Lighthouse and GCC data.
- Assist in the training and technical assistance of other scientists, local evaluators, analysts, and data managers on data cleaning, analysis, site visits and publishing with Lighthouse and GCC data.
- Independently organize and give presentations of statistical results to stakeholders and other interested professionals and lay-people.
- Write technical reports for stakeholders outlining research design, sample characteristics, procedures, analyses, and statistical results from descriptive, univariate, and multivariate tests.
- Help prepare manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Independently research the relevant literature in order to select appropriate outcome and process evaluation measures.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Must obtain certification on either GAIN Data Management or GAIN Program Management and Evaluation within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Master’s degree required with five (5) years relevant experience in statistics and research methodology; or Bachelor’s degree with eight (8) years relevant experience in statistics and research methodology.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Excel, statistical software, and Windows based applications.
- Professional experience writing SPSS code in the form of syntax files to clean and manipulate data sets and to conduct descriptive, univariate, and multivariate statistical analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor new Research Associates / Data Base Management staff.
- Professional experience assisting in the training and technical assistance of other scientists, local evaluators, analysts, and data managers – including increasing involvement in reports, papers and site visits.
- Demonstrated ability to independently respond to Lighthouse and GCC data requests from initial request through feasibility review to dataset preparation and sharing.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled