Research Associate I/II � Behavioral Tasks and Optical Imaging in Neural Coding
The Allen Institute seeks to map neuronal activity in the mouse brain during sensation and behavior. This individual will work as part of a research group that aims to establish experimental paradigms for examining brain activity during visual perceptual tasks in the mouse. This individual will perform surgeries, train mice to perform behavioral tasks and assist scientists in performing neural recording and optogenetic perturbation experiments.
- Train mice in a variety visual behavioral tasks using custom hardware and software
- Work with scientists to develop novel behavioral tasks for studying visual object recognition and perception
- Perform surgeries to prepare mice for in vivo calcium imaging, optogenetics and large-scale electrophysiological recordings
- Assist scientists in performing optogenetic perturbation experiments and in vivo neural recordings from behaving mice
- Present periodic summary of progress to research community at institute
- Bachelor�s in degree Neuroscience, Biology, or related field
- RA I: 0-2 years lab experience and/or with training mice is preferred
- RA II: 2-4 years lab experience and/or with training mice is preferred
- Experience and/or comfort working with mice
- Strong scientific skills, including understanding of experimental design
- Intermediate-level ability in use of computers in a lab setting, with basic programming skills for data analysis preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
It is the policy of the Allen Institute to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Allen Institute will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.