Job DescriptionJob #: 1056049
Apex Systems is looking for an entry-level Research Associate in SSF! This position is within Small Molecule Analytical Development and Quality Control with one of our large biotech companies!
If you find yourself interested in the role, please send Cassie Jimenez an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Designing and performing high-throughput screening (HTS) for salt/crystallinity/polymorph screening, solid state characterization, solubility determinations, process chemistry and formulation optimization and other analytical research studies supporting early-phase drug development.
- The successful candidate will accomplish our mission through innovation, collaboration with our subject matter experts, creative problem-solving, Design of Experiments, and use of state-of-the-art technology including robotic laboratory systems, XRPD, microscopy, ultra-high-pressure LC, mass spectrometry, chiral separations, supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC) and other analytical instruments.
- BS/MS in a relevant scientific discipline (chemistry or chemical engineering preferred) with 2 – 5 years’ experience in small molecule drug discovery within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Candidates must have good theoretical knowledge of analytical and/or organic chemistry.
- Some backgrounds in lab automation, chromatography (HPLC and data handling/reporting), knowledge of pharmaceutics, solid state characterization or drug discovery are desirable.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
77,427 - 118,928 /yearWhat is this?