Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world's leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- A temp position in the mouse embryonic stem cell culture/CRISPR lab in the Molecular Biology Department.
- The candidate will be working as a part of a team that focuses on creating mouse models for investigators to study diseases.
- The successful candidate will operate and maintain multiple instruments including Biomek I5 robot for high throughput sample preparation, Powerwave HT for plate DNA concentration reads, and mantis for plate normalization.
- Traditional PCR, nested long-range PCR skills are required to identify correct target clones.
- Knowledge of ddPCR and dPCR are highly preferred.
- This candidate must be flexible to handle urgent requests and to perform multiple laboratory duties.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Team Oriented, dependable, self-starter.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.
- At least 6 months lab experience, preferably in a testing environment.
- Able to apply analytical skills and judgment in assessing the quality of assay data and assay performance.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Strong verbal communication, writing, and listening skills, as well as interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent skills in high throughput quantitative analysis.
- Experiences in instrument maintenance and instrument troubleshooting.
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, flexibility and an eagerness to learn.
- Must be highly motivated team player and work well with others with good communication skills.
- The candidate must have BS/MS degree in molecular biology or biochemistry.
- Recent college grads ok. Preferably 1+ year’s experience in molecular biology in pharmaceutical industry.
- No PhDs.