We are seeking a highly motivated and diligent Research Associate II with cell biology background to join the Department of Biology in Myokardia. The successful candidate will be a member of the Discovery Biology group performing compound testing in cell-based and biochemical assays to support LO activities and HTS hits follow-up.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing cell-based and biochemical assays to test small molecular compounds
- Standard cell culture support including maintaining and plating of cells
- Instrument and assay troubleshooting support
- Data analysis and report generation
- Documentation of experimental procedure and result in laboratory notebook
- Presentation of experimental result in group setting
- Lab supply and equipment maintenance
- Interaction with CRO as needed
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment
- BS or MS degree in biology, biochemistry or other related life science field
- 2-5 years of experience in developing and performing cell-based and biochemical assays in microtiter plate format.
- Minimal 1 year of work experience in drug discovery of pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Hands on experience of mammalian cell culture, stable cell line maintenances and cell plating. Prior work experience with IPS-derived cardiomyocyte is desired
- Lab automation equipment and plate readers, e.g., Bravo, Viaflo 384, FDSS uCell, Envision, SpectraMax M5,
- Data analysis: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Prism, SoftMax Pro
- Knowledge of ion channel and GPCR receptor.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, thorough record-keeping skills, excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Accountable, detail-oriented and quality-focused
- Independent, self-motivated, and works well in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment