Apex Systems is looking to hire a Research Associate II to sit onsite at a large biotech company in South San Francisco CA. If you are interested, please contact Holly Hunter at email@example.com
- We are looking for a talented Scientific Researcher to provide temporary support for the Translational Neuroscience group.
- The successful candidate will join our preclinical team to evaluate novel small and large molecule therapies for neurodegenerative disease.
- The individual will work in collaboration with our translational research team to provide preclinical data required to drive projects into clinical development.
- Hands-on laboratory work will involve the manipulation of in vivo models of neurodegeneration for characterization, PK/PD and efficacy studies.
- Laboratory work may also include running some in vitro cell culture assays.
- Minimum requirements are a Bachelor’s degree in Neuroscience, Cell Biology or a related science and at least 3 years of lab experience.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified candidates will have proven in vivo skills including animal handling, animal dosing (IV, IP and ICV), standard necropsy and tissue harvesting procedures and tissue processing.
- Experience with stereotaxic surgeries, immunohistochemical assays and molecular techniques such as qPCR is highly desired.
- Experience with cellular models is a plus.
- Qualified candidates will possess an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Enthusiasm for science, attention to detail and maintaining accurate scientific records are a must.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision