Title: Research Associate III-IV
Manager: Scientist II, Discovery and Translation Research
Location: Brisbane, CA
We are seeking a talented research associate for a new position in our Discovery and Translational Research group to support the development of new gene therapy programs for the treatment of genetic diseases.
The successful candidate will work within Discovery and Translational Research. Responsibilities include: support the generation of in vitro and in vivo reagents and proof-of-concept data to support the advancement of targets; implementation of cellular and molecular assays for vector characterization. The position requires a strong background in molecular biology, adaptability, creativity, good written and verbal communication skills, and a capacity for constant innovation in pursuit of company goals. The environment is exciting, fast-paced and offers the opportunity to work and publish at the cutting edge of genome engineering research and translational medicine.
- Perform molecular cloning, sequencing and DNA/RNA/protein purification to generate constructs required for AAV production andexperimentation
- Perform library preparation for next-generation sequencing
- Conduct aseptic cell culture of transformed and primary mammalian cells
- Assist in the characterization of novel viral vectors
- Expertise in molecular and biochemical methods (qRT-PCR, ELISA, western blotting, sequencing, and cloning)
- Process animal tissue and cells for RNA, DNA, and protein endpoints
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with greatattention to detail
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. in molecular and/or cellular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or related discipline.M.S. preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant laboratory experience in an academic research laboratory or biotechnology company
- Extensive experience with molecular biology and biochemical methods and techniques including transfection/electroporation, qRT-PCR, ELISA, western blotting, nucleic acid and protein isolation from mammalian cells, tissues and sequencing and cloning.
- Preferred candidates will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Preferred candidates will have experience working with rAAV
- Preferred candidates will have experience working in the fields of liver and/or kidney diseases
- Strong experiment design, problem-solving, and data analysis skills are desired
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with gene therapy and liver-related and/or kidney-related fields preferredSangamo is an equal opportunity employerThe above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.