Job DescriptionJob #: 1024879
A major biotech company is looking for a Research Associate III in South San Francisco, CA! If interested in the role, please send your most up-to-date resume to recruiter Austin Scrivner at email@example.com
Job Title: Research Associate III
Location: South San Francisco, CA
- A Research Associate III is a highly motivated individual who participates in the characterization of biopharmaceuticals in the product development pipeline.
- The Senior Research Associate develops, optimizes, validates and implements immunoassays to measure therapeutic drug levels, to detect and characterize anti-therapeutic immune responses, to measure biomarkers, and/or to generate in vitro characterization data in support of pre-clinical and clinical studies.
- This will involve manual laboratory work, the use of automation systems and various assay platforms, and participation in compliance and safety related activities.
- All RAs in ADT are expected to contribute to departmental activities, laboratory upkeep and maintenance, and they may also be expected to help train colleagues.
- This proactive individual works in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy to design experiments, interpret data and troubleshoot technical problems, write and review technical reports, and present and interpret data at cross-functional project team meetings.
- This individual is expected to become a resource for a recognized area of technical expertise within the department.
- This individual may also be expected to mentor more junior Research Associates, to lead the investigation and assessment of new technologies, and/or represent BAS on cross-functional teams, as well as lead cross-functional technical teams.
- Familiarity with biochemistry, cellular and molecular biological methods is essential, along with a track record of solving complex bioanalytical problems.
- Experience with developing ELISAs and/or immunochemistry is an advantage.
- A practical knowledge and understanding of standard laboratory procedures and computerized data handling is also essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, multi-tasking and organizational skills are required.
- This individual should be able to work autonomously as well as with a group, handle multiple projects, and demonstrate initiative and creativity.
- B.S. or M.S. in Biological Sciences or equivalent with 5 - 8 years hands-on laboratory experience in industry developing bioanalytical methods..
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.