Primary Location:US-CA-West Sacramento
Education Level:Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 15 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Duration: Consulting Position, 6+ Months
Location: West Sacramento, California
Job Title: Research Associate Specialist
Shift: Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
Scope of Position:
The successful candidate will support the Microbial Curation team by assisting in the management and biobanking of a proprietary microbial strain collection. The candidate should be comfortable working with and without automated platforms to assist in strain propagation, reformatting of the collection, and archival. The candidate will be responsible for assisting in the maintenance of our strain collection through solid and liquid bacterial strain propagation of genetically diverse non-pathogenic soil microorganisms. The candidate will also be responsible for maintaining accurate records and database entries for all strain tracking and traceability. The candidate will be expected to work with biosafety level 1 and 2 microorganisms according to external and internal biosafety guidelines.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Assist in the management of our internal strain collection
• Perform strain retrieval and propagation to support replication and reformatting efforts
• Reformat collection by aliquoting samples to automation friendly labware
• Collect and compile data and records in laboratory notebooks and other documentation systems (LIMS database) to ensure sample tracking and chain of custody records are maintained
• Propagate microorganisms in solid and liquid formats
• Under guidance help determine appropriate medium to ensure growth and sporulation of microorganisms
• Perform cryopreservation of microorganisms using best practices to ensure long term storage stability and survivability
• Leverage robotics and other standard laboratory equipment to execute tasks
• Compliance with BSL-2 level biosafety guidelines
• Work within team to ensure operational efficiency and quality is met through adherence to standard operating procedures and protocols.
Required Experience and Skills:
• BS with 1 – 3 years of experience in Microbiology or related field is required
• Good understanding of aseptic technique
• Ability to work within a biosafety cabinet and follow SOPs
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)
• CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
• Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume to Rachel.Bruso@ctg.com
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.