Research Data Analyst: Electric Vehicles
Our firm, Recargo, Inc., has been focused exclusively on the burgeoning electric vehicle (EV) category since 2009. We make PlugShare, the world’s most popular mobile app for EV drivers. We’re also a B2B data firm that provides automakers, utilities, charging networks, government, and the rest of the EV category with insights that help them chart the future of e-mobility. Our data products include in-depth industry reports/analyses, a Tableau-based data-on-demand tool that analyzes and visualizes public EV charging infrastructure, a survey and qualitative research panel of 60,000 drivers, custom dashboards, and much more.
About the opportunity
We need a research data analyst to support two senior analysts who are authoring in-depth industry reports: a set of 8 analytical publications on a variety of important topics related to EVs. This would include:
· developing data tables and visualizations
· providing written analytic viewpoints
· performing statistical analyses
· conducting secondary industry research
· conducting interviews with executives at EV firms
· Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, computer science, information technology, economics, statistics, or other related fields. Advanced degree is a significant plus.
· 2-3 years of related experience in a business, governmental, non-profit or academic setting. Deeper experience is a plus.
· Demonstrated working understanding of relational and non-relational data stores and data warehousing principles.
· Working understanding of techniques for trend extrapolation/forecasting.
· Proficiency creating reports with complex formulas/equations through Excel (pivot tables and formulas), R, and/or SQL.
· The ability to produce compelling data visualizations. Knowledge of Tableau is a plus. One of our key data tools is Tableau based, and we interrogate it frequently. We also provide custom template sets along with our reports to clients.
· Working knowledge of SPSS or a similar platform for analyzing survey data is a plus.
· Strong written and interpersonal communication and presentation development skills. Must be able to communicate ideas effectively and concisely to all levels. Clear writing and verbal communication skills.
· Experience authoring or contributing to research-oriented papers/publications is a significant plus.
· You should be self-directed and independent.
· Health insurance
· Dental insurance
· Vision insurance
· Retirement plan
· Paid time off
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States as a pre-condition of employment.
Founded in 2009, Recargo’s mission is to help electric vehicle (EV) drivers find the way forward. We make the world’s most popular EV app, PlugShare: A top reviewed, driver-sourced guide to finding and using public charging globally. We are one of the EV industry’s most important sources of driver opinions and public charging infrastructure data, paving the way automakers, government, utilities and charging networks make crucial decisions about future vehicles, features, policies, and more. Recargo is a wholly owned subsidiary of the sustainable transportation powerhouse, Innogy eMobility, and with their support, we are aggressively expanding our team and launching into innovative new product categories.