NYU’s Research Development team is dedicated to initiating catalytic and capacity-building activities to enhance the competitiveness of NYU’s research and sponsored programs. Our Research Development Specialist position will facilitate identification and development of appropriate teams of faculty investigators to pursue large, multidisciplinary funding opportunities identified by faculty or by the incumbent. The role will oversee and support the development of complex funding proposals through effective interactions with all involved parties and by providing proposal management, proposal editing and/or writing integration service, program development, budget development, and support.
Specific duties will include:
- Cultivate and disseminate relevant and timely funding opportunities via GrantForward
- Conduct institutional capacity profiling on facilities and resources, create gap analyses tracked to funding available and sponsor interests/expectations
- Develop tools for enhancing competitiveness including competitively reviewed and funded proposal sandbox and red team reviews
- Matchmaker amongst investigators and formulate mega multidisciplinary team science proposals that are responsive to sponsor interests and needs
- Build pipeline of proposal materials for early response teams to be ready for action when funding opportunities supporting research targets announced
- Leverage expertise of foundation relations to the benefit of research and sponsored programs
- Develop a plan for corporate engagement and industry partnerships
- Collaborate with government affairs (city, state, federal) to track and communicate the status of the federal budget, agency allocations, executive orders and regulatory changes that will impact R&D market share
- Track and communicate the status of the federal budget, agency allocations, executive orders and regulatory changes that will impact R&D market share
- Assist with the on-boarding of new faculty members, identify new areas of high impact research and young investigator development
- Create incentive and recognition programs
- Identify scientific/research areas of promise/focus with proactive coordination and institutional investment around those areas (Mega seed grants, limited competitions)
- Seek and sponsor pathways for faculty to showcase their expertise (site visits, pre-award, reverse, funder workshops, etc) and broader impact on constituents and community, workforce development, economic development, technology transfer
- Launch InfoReady to manage Mega Grant seed funding applications with the goal of having one platform for the review and management of all NYU internal seed funding and limited competition programs; and
- Create meaningful metrics for success, measure returns on investment and benchmark indicators of research productivity.
Master's Degree is highly desirable
2+ years Work with extramural grants and contracts.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Ability to organize, analyze and interpret complex scientific, medical or technical data; proven ability to make complex information understandable to a broad range of audiences. Demonstration of understanding, and familiarity with, a broad range of science or technical subject matter. Clear and concise writing. Must possess excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills and be able to effectively interact with individuals at all levels in the organization. Ability to balance the needs of multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, often deadline-driven environment wither priorities change in response to external needs and opportunities. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity