Position: Research Engineer
Location: College Station, Texas
The research engineer will become part of a pioneering group of exceptional individuals developing frontier technologies and capabilities in autonomy. You will participate in the development of an autonomous vehicle proving ground that will consist of autonomous ground and aerial vehicles on off-road terrains
Master's degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Develop autonomous driving algorithms for ground vehicles and aerial vehicles. This will include basic dynamic control of vehicles, perception and situational awareness generation, and planning.
- Implementation of above algorithms in software, unit level and system level testing using both simulation and real systems in the loop. Use continuous integration and agile approaches to software and system development.
- Develop and implement communication algorithms by interfacing with appropriate wireless communication technologies.
- Integration of software with Sensors, actuators, and all hardware components. Must have experience with ROS (Robotic Operating System)
- Work as a team with faculty, graduate students, and technicians to deliver a demonstrable working system of ground and aerial autonomous vehicles.
- Develop appropriate user interfaces, test procedures, requirements documentation and verification as needed.
***Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within a few weeks of submitting your application. ***