|Reference # :||20-00143||Title :||Research Laboratory Operations Assistant|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||01/20/2020 / 12/26/2020|
|Job Title: Research Laboratory Assistant|
Location: New York, NY
Duration: 12+ Months of Contract
Candidate must have previous knowledge of chemistry and biology terms as they will be re-ordering inventory and must know what they are talking about. Looking for a fast learner with great communication skills. Hours are Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week. Start time is flexible
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Executes secretarial and administrative assignments of confidential nature and relieves management of clerical,administrative and business detail as necessary. Performs administrative functions supporting research laboratory and clinical research studies operations
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Assisting in setting up of vendors.
-Placing and tracking orders of research supplies, chemicals, biological matrix and samples.
-Receiving and storing samples and reagents; manage supplies/chemical inventory
-Scheduling instruments PM and repairs; Manage instruments service contract renewals.
-Arrange waste pick-up and cleaning services.
-Obtain quotations for purchase, pays and tracks invoicing.
-Collects, compiles and analyzes information as required by manager(s). Assists in department reporting requirements and form completion.
- Performs standard administrative functions such as screening telephone calls, opening mail, scheduling appointments and maintaining the calendar, order office supplies and coordinating meetings and training (internal or external.)
- Organizes travel arrangements and completes expense reports.
- Interfaces with a various levels of management across organizations and with external customers.
- May serve as a point of contact for other departments such as IT, HR, building and facilities, etc.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for
department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma required, Bachelor's in sciences preferred; some training and knowledge in biology, chemistry or sciences are required;
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 2 years of related experience supporting laboratory operations.
- Knowledge of biology and chemistry vocabulary.
- Familiar with standard business concepts, practices & procedures within administrative support.
- Able to employ basic reasoning and analytical skills.
- Proficient in computer software such as Microsoft Office products, spreadsheets, presentations, database programs.
- Proficient in organizational operations & procedures.
- Experience handling incoming phone calls; remains professional at all times; front office etiquette.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity