Research Manager II, Yigo, Guam, (ID#13816)
Cherokee Nation Technologies invests in the brightest, most talented individuals to help lead the company and its clients to success. Through internal professional development programs and partnerships with institutions of higher learning, CNT arms its workforce with cutting-edge training.
Cherokee Nation Business is looking for a Journeyman Logistician to support the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) Advanced Concepts and Rapid Transition Division (AC&RT). We are providing integrated and interoperable quality products to the fleet and maintaining a close working relationship with the warfighter. We also provide the personnel, facilities, and processes required to design, develop, integrate, install, and transition various sensors, systems and manned and unmanned air, sea and shore-based platforms to U.S. Navy, DoD, and other Government agencies.
- Provide overall responsibility for coordinating the biological staff, including arranging work schedules, supervising and delegating data collection responsibilities, organizing, tracking, and purchasing of equipment, and supplies
- Handle issues related to ensuring quality control of incoming data from field projects
- Use and design databases in MS Access for input of data
- Participate and contribute to the recruitment, hiring, and orientation of new project personnel.
- Train an alternate for their position from field staff to assist project when Research Manager is on leave and future Research Manager Transitions.
- Provide effective and frequent communication with all project personnel on Guam and in Ft. Collins
- Be the administrative contact for all project operations on Guam and participate in field and lab activities as needed
- Duties will also include the preparation of specimens, handling recording data from tagging, logging and quality control of data, and preparation of field reports for analysis
- Coordinate safety related training and monitoring as preparation and maintenance of sites may involve use of brush cutting equipment and power tools
- Build and maintain partnerships with a wide range of agencies and local organizations and be able to develop and implement a program for local recruitment of student interns
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform development tasks including architecture, design, development, testing, implementation, and support of Access databases
- Provide time and material estimates for project proposed.
- Review the work of subordinate staff and provide constructive feedback from the perspective of a supervisor.
- Mentor staff to develop skills, improve staff performance, and promote career development.
- Analyze and evaluate the impact of programs, procedures, business processes, and/or policies.
- Manage workload and assignments of others in order to meet work unit and project objectives and deadlines.
- Establish priorities and manage the staff and resources necessary to maximize the productivity and/or effectiveness of the unit/branch.
- Perform oversight on projects ensuring that end products or services are delivered on schedule, within the established budget, and in compliance with applicable laws.
- Plan and organize various projects including the establishment of project timelines, and requirements for successful project completion to implement projects.
- Identify information, materials, and resources needed to complete projects and assignments.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Master's Degree in Biology, Ecology, Natural Resources, or related research field
- 2 Years Proven Managerial Experience
- Database Management Experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate biological information to technical and managerial staff
- Proven abilities in data quality assessment / quality control and working knowledge of MS Access
- Minimum of two years documented experience in managing research projects and supervising large teams of employees ( 7 or 8 employees)
- Familiarity with hiring and training new field personnel
- Interest in herpetology preferred.
- Experience in field research and/or field technician roles in mark/recapture studies, live trapping and radio telemetry.
- Ability to prioritize staff efforts across multiple simultaneous field projects
- Must be willing to participate in humane euthanasia and necropsy of Brown Tree snakes and other animals
- Great interpersonal and motivational skills
- Must possess a current, valid driver's license and be able to work legally in the United States
- Excellent (corrected) eyesight, health, and physical stamina are required as well as the ability to conduct research in a hot, humid, tropical setting
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong backgrounds in project management, team leadership and familiarity with the publication of scientific papers
- Processing of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) and fingerprinting will be required
Climate control office (75% of work week
Hot humid tropical jungle field sites (25 % of work week)
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Apply online at http://www.cnbjobs.com
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at" CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com ".This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job application.