Job Description:We are seeking a computational biologist with expertise in making biological discoveries by leveraging large-scale genomic data to join Vertex’s research site in Boston, MA. This position is part of a growing global Computational Genomics team focused on developing gene editing and genetic therapy treatments of serious human diseases. Your key tasks will be to collaborate with cross-functional project teams to design studies, analyze and interpret large-scale genomics data, and communicate results that will have critical impact on the development of cutting-edge, transformative therapies. You will play a key role in bringing together the needs of project teams with state-of-the-art computational biology tools, which will require proactive communication and seamless collaboration with both computational and experimental team members.
- Collaborate with project teams, acting as the computational biology expert, to identify key needs and questions that can be addressed using genomics, sequencing, or bioinformatics contributions
- Plan studies leveraging sequencing, genetic, and genomic data to answer biological questions and enable development of genetic therapy treatments
- Plan, execute, and iterate on analysis of large-scale sequencing data, in partnership with computational and experimental team members
- Visualize, summarize, and communicate findings to project teams and other key stakeholders
- Follow cutting-edge advancements in the fast-paced fields of gene editing and genetic therapies, bringing developments in-house or building upon them as appropriate
- Partner with method development team members to improve or expand computational methods