Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for a Research Scientist within our Molecular Laboratory who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient’s disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
The Research Scientist works under general supervision and is responsible for conducting scientific research & development leading to the discovery, development, validation and lab launch of high value, proprietary diagnostic products. The Scientist provides accurate and pertinent scientific data (for molecular assays) according to agreed upon methods, procedures, and techniques and provides conclusions and recommendations based upon investigations and literature reviews within the established project schedules. Experience working with automation system is required.
This is the entry level in Scientist job category. Employees in this position perform a full range of Laboratory testing and diagnostic procedures.
Job Duties Include:
- Designs and conducts experiments, collects data, and analyzes results in support of the Company’s molecular assay development objectives (especially NGS, PCR, lab automation), and provides/implements process or document improvements.
- Program, maintain, troubleshoot and perform QC of automation instrumentation and all other laboratory equipment
- Perform the test and analyze the data for testing design and implement new methods for automating liquid handling processes to improve efficiency of workflows
- Process samples related to research & development, assay validation projects
- Prepares reagents, and materials for testing when appropriate.
- Maintains laboratory records in accordance with company standards.
- Tests new equipment using manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Maintains laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning, performing or scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance/calibration/certification, as required
Experience & Required Qualifications:
- Education:Ph.D. in a life or physical science or M.D. preferred; B.S or M.S. in a life or physical science with related experience.
- Required Experience: One or more years of related research and laboratory experience in molecular assay development required.
- Working experience in lab equipment automation strongly desired.