The Chemistry and Chemical Engineering group in the Biosciences Division at SRI International seeks a Senior Research Scientist to help advance cutting edge R&D in automated process development and manufacturing of small molecule therapeutics. Responsibility include designing and executing synthetic process routes and translation to production scale while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. In addition to bench work, the candidate will be expected to publish results in peer-reviewed journals and assist in writing proposals for contracts and grants to bring in external funding.
- Work with a team of chemists and engineers to develop SRI’s cutting edge automated chemistry systems in design and development of synthetic processes and translation to large-scale production.
- Experienced in route scouting and reaction optimization
- Use a variety of analytical methods to monitor reaction processes and kinetics
- Trouble shoot new and existing processes
- Use design of experiment to study multiple variables simultaneously and identify acceptable ranges for all operational parameters
- Use simulation to examine large data sets and determine how changes in process affect final product quality
- Develop and improve skills and knowledge in automated synthetic instrumentation at the lab and production level; knowledge of flow chemistry a plus
- Maintain familiarity with and operate by US FDA, US EPA and OSHA regulations include cGMP