Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Marketing Science R&D team is responsible for designing and prototyping highly-scalable solutions, and to ensure successful prototypes are expanded such that all advertisers can improve the measurement and ads delivery of their marketing efforts. In service of this goal, the team identifies and executes novel solutions, develops methodologies, and partners with our product and engineering teams.We are looking for an intern to help develop new methodologies and conduct groundbreaking research. The research conducted by the Marketing Science team is instrumental in informing Facebook’s advertising product strategy, and in the development of measurement platforms used across the advertising industry. This is a 12 week intern position based in our Menlo Park or Seattle office.
1. Develop and improve methods for measuring the causal impact of Facebook & Instagram advertising
2. Establish measurement approaches to assess relative performance of advertising strategies within Facebook and across marketing channels
3. Assess potential opportunities and execute world-class research
4. Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD degree economics, political science, sociology, statistics, computer science or a related quantitative field
5. Experience in applied statistics and causal inference
6. Research experience with large data sets and experiments
7. Fluency in the languages of data manipulation (e.g., SQL) and statistical analysis (R or Python)
8. Ability to communicate analysis and results to any audience
9. Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.