Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Marketing Science R&D focuses on establishing step-change improvements to the efficiency of marketing on our platform. The team's expertise spans domains including causal inference, survey methodology, machine learning, cryptography, neuroscience and record linkage. We develop methodologies, design and prototype solutions, and partner with our engineering and product colleagues to scale these solutions such that millions of advertisers can benefit.
This managerial role encompasses leading and supporting a high-performing research science team focused on causal inference and experimentation, as well as broader org responsibilities. This will entail building scientifically rigorous systems that enable marketers to improve the efficiency of their advertising spend by understanding the overall causal impact and what actions they should take to improve their performance.
1. Hire and lead highly skilled research scientists, providing mentorship and career guidance to members of the team
2. Foster innovation and prioritize across specific opportunities to build new and improve existing causal inference systems for marketers
3. Shepherd the team’s research and development projects, ensuring high-quality communication across diverse audiences, and taking responsibility for the team’s long-term product impact
4. Build cross-functional relationships with Engineering, Product and Analytics teams to shape long-term roadmaps with a balance of scientific rigor and strategic considerations
5. Manage the development of conference presentations, patent applications, white papers and publications that are broadly appealing and accessible beyond a core scientific audience
6. PhD in a quantitative field such as statistics, physics, economics or political science and 3+ years of experience in data science or research science, or MS degree with 7+ years of experience in data science or research science
7. 2+ years of product development experience
8. 2+ years of experience in leading and developing scientific teams, including performance management and recruiting
9. Knowledge in R, Python or Julia leveraging large (TB) datasets
10. Knowledge in causal inference and experimentation, including addressing challenges from incomplete, unrepresentative, mislabeled and observational data
11. Proven track record of innovation and strategic focus
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.