Research Scientist, Molecular Biologist - Cincinnati, OH
Kelly Scientific Resources is seeking a Research Scientist in Molecular Biology for one of our top clients in Cincinnati, OH.
This is a full-time position, reporting to Director of Translational Research
- Are you looking to be a part of an organization that is innovative, collaborative, and cutting edge?
- Are you the kind of person that likes to be valued for the skills and knowledge that you bring and also be learning something new every day?
- If so, we are looking for you! We are seeking a highly motivated individual to drive our biomarker discovery and validation research. The successful candidate will be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary R&D team for our Biosensor platform.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as our resident molecular biology expert. This individual will provide scientific and technical support services to drive the design, development and implementation of laboratory methods and activities to improve discovery efforts in sweat.
- Designing and leading research efforts investigating a number of applicable biomarkers for diagnosis of physiological conditions and disease states that are relevant to our product pipeline
- Evaluating and utilizing technologies for biomarker discovery, validation, and quantification in a variety of biofluids
- Developing a deep understanding the state of the science in this field
- Responsibility for data review, analysis, interpretation and preparing reports
- Managing and leading a team and cultivating a collaborative work environment
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- PhD in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related discipline (experienced B.S. or M.S. considered)
- Expertise in state-of-the art technology used for research including nucleic acid and protein microarrays, next generation ELISA technology, and genomic analysis
- Experience utilizing analytical techniques like NMR and mass spectrometry
- Demonstrated research interests with alternative biofluids such as sweat, saliva, respiratory fluid, or tears (preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills including a proven track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with team and industry partners
- An entrepreneurial spirit; enthusiasm and vision about converting cutting-edge science into commercial applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including experience presenting research at conferences and meetings
- Must have the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively in a quickly evolving environment
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.