The position of Research Scientist is designed to support the overall operations of the R&D Research Laboratory and will be responsible for developing, executing, and reporting on formulation studies performed at IBI. As such, this individual will be a leader in communicating, both verbally and written, with clients, internal staff, and across the biopharmaceutical industry.
The main responsibilities of the Research Scientist position are as follows:
• Supervise research and formulation projects; develop study designs (with client approval) and procedures and delegates resources to various projects.
• To function as a liaison between IBI and assigned clients. Assists project management in communicating with clients.
• Courting the client and assisting in proposal writing and revisions.
• Responds to client's technical inquiries and provides scientific guidance or direction (when appropriate).
• Manages client meetings and presents (or delegates) project updates and/or presentations.
• To draft and review presentations and reports, as well as assisting in drafting business and scientific documents (SOPs, etc.).
• Managing staff by providing both support and scientific guidance to group leaders and research associates in the laboratory.
• Ensures that laboratory staff is appropriately trained and are functioning in a GLP-compliant manner.
• To assist in laboratory management initiatives regarding maintenance and improvement of the conditions in the R&D lab, including instrumentation, equipment, and supplies.