The West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Research Support Associate. This position is responsible for participating in the development, coordination and implementation of operational tasks related to several research projects that are essential to the research activities of the WVU Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute. Under the supervision of research faculty, performs a variety of independent and collaborative duties involved in these research projects.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Responsible for monitoring all next generation recovery related needs and maintaining stock of products related to the HPIC.
- Data entry of collected information from various IRB approved research studies.
- Schedule next generation recovery sessions (Floatation Tank, Photobiomodulation, Cryotherapy, etc.); greet all individuals upon arrival and work with them through their departure.
- Check individuals in, demonstrate safe usage and assure all pre- and post-session activities are completed, (Signed waiver, filling out questionnaires, logging data, etc.); provide supplies and assist individuals as required.
- Assure user data is logged in properly; prepare reports of usage as required.
- Maintain adequate stock of facility supplies; issue a re-order request as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in scientific field (i.e. sports science, exercise physiology, social sciences, biomedical engineering) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One (1) year of experience in an open office environment.
- Have excellent communication skills
- Candidate should be outgoing, organized, detail-oriented, and motivated to further the research goals of the WVU RNI.
- Plans and schedules research activities.
- Gathers demographic and clinical data on study participants.
- Prepares and reports results of research activities.
- Able to adhere to firm deadlines.
- Position requires the ability to protect participant confidentiality and maintain composure when handling sensitive issues.
- Ability to keep detailed records.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Will need to be CITI trained and certified once hired.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Competitive salary and benefits offered. For a complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit http://hr.research.wvu.edu and click on the “View Jobs” link. AA/EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/E-verify compliant employer