The Research Systems Analyst (Application Systems Analyst II)is responsible for a variety of IT tasks related to supporting scientific research to address data management challenges, improve scientific data integration, assist with research software administration and implementations of various software systems in support of research operations. As a member of the Information Technology team, the candidate will work under the supervision of the Director of Research Computing to help drive scientific informatics projects from inception through implementation, training and support to serve the needs of researcher community at Joslin.
Experience implementing grant management systems; pre- and post-award, grant accounting, grant financials, and effort certification solutions. He/She understands the business and workflows of post-award grant management. This role works most closely with Research Administration/Office of Sponsored Research, Finance, and Cayuse ITWorks, our vendor partner.
The Research Systems Analyst (Application Systems Analyst II) will work with team members in IT while interfacing with Joslin principal investigators (PIs), core facilities staff and research labs personnel to help manage and execute various informatics projects aimed to implement, develop and/or integrate scientific research data management systems such as LIMS, ELN, biorepository management systems, core facilities data management systems, and others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of relevant research support IT experience
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated technical skills and experience with supporting scientific applications and systems in an academic medical center environment, pharma or biotech
- Demonstrated experience with research grants management systems, core facilities management systems, biobanking and other lab management processes, procedures and software (Cayuse ITWorks, InfoEd or similar vendor provided grant management solution, FreezerWorks, iLab, LIMS, ELN)
- Working knowledge of relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL)
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision