Title: Researcher I- Cell Therapy/Regenerative Medicine
Location: Silver Spring, MD
FLSA Status: Exempt
Midnight Sun Technologies is looking to hire a Researcher I- Cell Therapy/Regenerative Medicine.
The Researcher I- Cell Therapy/Regenerative Medicine is responsible to support the research program of the FDA's Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Office of Tissue and Advanced Therapies, Division of Cell and Gene Therapies
- Perform laboratory tasks with molecular biology and cell biology techniques, including but not limited to sample preparation, nucleic acid preparation, high throughput single cell sequencing, and supporting biochemical techniques (including electrophoresis immunoblotting, protein analysis, PCR, etc.).
- Perform bioinformatic analysis using licensed and open source software packages (e.g., R, Python, and applications running within these environments), some of which require familiarity with command line operating systems.
- Perform literature searches related to the methods described above, and for emerging improvements to existing analytical and computational methods.
- Independently plan, develop, implement, and manage all experiments and protocols under study.
- Communicate with lab members and collaborators to exchange the knowledge for improving the progress of studies.
- Collect, record, organize, and analyze experimental data. Summarize progress for presentation at Branch meetings and at research conferences and submit results for publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Maintain thorough and complete government-owned records of experiments, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and data in hard copy laboratory notebooks, as well as in electronic versions made available to the PI and other individuals in the laboratory.
- D. in biology, chemistry, engineering, microbiology, pharmaceutics, physics, statistics, botanicals or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in single cell RNA sequencing using the 10X Genomics Chromium platform and related data analysis, cell culture, biotechnology/biochemistry, molecular biology research and development or other area relevant research program and perform the identified tasks.
Apply online at our website: https://kikiktagruk.applicantpool.com/
Disclaimer: This is not to be an exclusive list of all responsibilities', duties, and skills required of the person in this job. KIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, family responsibility, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran's status or any other legal protected status. Pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation, may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to KIC Shareholders and their Descendants. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. Successful candidate must pass, comply and adhere to KIC's Drug and Alcohol policy/testing requirements and pass a thorough background check including fingerprinting.