Under minimal supervision, to set up and perform routine and established lab procedures in support of lab goals. To collect, enter and summarize data. To monitor results and report unusual outcomes.
General job duties and responsibilities:
- Contributes to the overall operation of the lab including inventory, ordering, invoicing, development of laboratory procedures, and employee training.
- Works with laboratory manager to implement and document processes required to achieve the regulatory standards for clinical assay performance in a CAP accredited laboratory.
- Writes laboratory procedures, maintains quality control logs, performs proficiency testing, equipment maintenance, personnel competency, and files documentation required for on-site visits.
- Validates performs and interprets laboratory assays for clinical use.
- Performance of translational and basic science research projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Hourly pay rate: %2412.98 - %2423.51
Bachelor s degree in related field OR Associate's degree in related field and two (2) years of related experience OR High School diploma or GED and four (4) years of related experience required. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
Technical proficiency required: aseptic technique, microbial culture, antimicrobial susceptibility testing, enzyme linked immunoassays, and nucleic acid extraction and manipulation.
Primary Location: University
Job Category: Scientific Research
Organization: 392303030 Laboratory Medicine
Employee Status: Regular