A Master's degree in computer science, bioinformatics, statistics, mathematics, or related field is required. A minimum of 5 years of experience working with a common scripting language and deep learning technologies (Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch) required. Doctorate degree in a related field may count towards years of experience.
A PhD in computer science, bioinformatics, statistics, mathematics or related field preferred. Experience with R/Bioconductor as a user and package developer is preferred. Highly fluent in machine learning models and applications including natural language processing, convolutional neural networks, vector embedding, LSTM architectures, dimensionality reduction. Experience with version controls systems required(git, svn). Familiarity with high performance computing and cloud computing. Fluency in biology is a plus. Experience in technology translation and business development is desirable.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong organizational skills. Highly motivated and goal oriented, should have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This individual will have high visibility within the Institute and is expected to engage, maintain, and foster strong relationships with faculty across the institute and partner institutions, as well as with industry leaders and venture capital partners.
This is a one-year term position with the possibility of renewal.
The mission of the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University is to transform human healthcare and the environment by emulating the way nature builds. Developed as an alliance between Harvard and other premier academic and clinical partner institutions, Institute faculty and staff collaborate in high-risk, fundamental research and science-driven technology development. A major focus of the Institute is to translate the technologies developed by its faculty and staff into commercial products and therapies through collaborations with clinical investigators and establishment of corporate alliances and launching startup companies. For more information, visit: http://wyss.harvard.edu/.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan contributions from 5% to 15% of eligible compensation, based on age and earnings with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
- Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.