Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Located in historic Old Town, Southernmost Beach Resort expands over 6 acres on a serene part of the island with Atlantic Ocean front views, gorgeous Key West architecture, and all the amenities you desire in a beach resort. Just a short walk or bike ride from Key West’s boutique shops, art galleries, eclectic restaurants, and non-stop nightlife, the resort spans over two city blocks and offers guest rooms that are located within easy reach of both the beach and world-famous Duval Street.
The Reservations Sales Agent is responsible for handling reservations, inquiries and cancellations in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner, and quoting available rates to maximize room revenue according to Highgate Hotel standards. He/she is also responsible for participating in the monthly Rooms Merchandising meeting.
- Answer all incoming calls promptly, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation.
- Book room reservations while focusing on maximizing room revenue and average rate using standard rate quoting scenario at all times. Up sell rooms when possible.
- Enter reservations into the computer according to standard operating procedures.
- Communicate and work closely with the Sales Department concerning group bookings.
- Maintain availability calendar and communicate all relevant information to the operations staff.
- Maintain accurate files and reports.
- Handle all special reservations, to include V.I.P. reservations, packages and discounts.
- Book and block rooms using hotel standards for Group Rooming Lists and Booking Agreements.
- Attend and give input on trends and opportunities to maximize revenue.
- Complete forecasts as required by management.
- Monitor daily sales activity and alert Guest Services Manager of sold out nights, group status and possible problem situations.
- Post no-show revenue daily, if required at property.
- Process travel agent checks, if required at property.
- Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent and assist at front desk as needed.
- Communicate availability to wholesalers.
- Call for occupancy at area hotels.
- File reservations and group contracts.
- Review Reservations logbook and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
- Send confirmations.
- Process advance deposit/balance sheet.
- Process brochure requests.
- Forecast packages according to hotel standards.
- Research travel agent commissions.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- College course work in related field helpful.