Works closely with other engineers and geologists to develop the company’s acquisition, exploitation and exploration efforts. Evaluates acquisition opportunities, researches, integrates newly acquired assets into the company, assists in preparation of reserve and revenue reports for banks and equity partners, and prepares documents and presentations for state hearings. Coordinates with operations and management to generate development plans and review historical performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare production and cash flow forecasts for corporate properties and acquisition opportunities using ARIES software.
· Calculate individual well EURs, determine well spacing, generate type curves and assist in preparing regional resource maps.
· Evaluate acquisition and divestiture opportunities and present to management..
· Assist with corporate reserve reports with the assistance of an independent petroleum engineering consulting firm.
· Assist in the creation of annual budgets, program lookbacks and outlooks.
· Assist in meeting regulatory requirements and providing data and analysis to regulatory agencies in order to advance field development planning.
· Assist in the preparation of various reserve and financial operating reports provided as needed to various banking and institutional investors.
· Coordinate with operations personnel to review base properties in order to identify production problems and implement improvements to enhance operating efficiency and increase well productivity.
· Work with geology and operations to identify opportunities to improve well productivity and enhance capital efficiency.
· Attend partner meetings to review, coordinate, plan, and budget ongoing projects.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as required.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- 3-7 years of experience in acquisition, evaluation, reservoir, geologic and petrophysical activities.
- S. in Petroleum/Chemical/Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience working in an operating company in a reservoir/development/reserves/planning engineer role.Experience in evaluation of acquisitions, exploitation development engineering, project management, reserve estimation, planning, horizontal drilling, reservoir simulation, and resource play development.
- Expertise in ARIES, Spotfire, IHS Harmony and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to efficiently analyze complex economics and reserve determination with strong understanding of reserve classification definitions, economic modeling, and fair market value metrics.
- Ability to think creatively to employ operational and exploitation development methods to enhance reserve potential.
- Must have strong leadership skills, including well developed communication skills. Must be able to work as a team player who interacts well with all levels of the company from senior management to field personnel.
- Sitting, visual and mental acuity, manual dexterity, hearing, speaking.
- Ability to work at computer for long periods of time.
- Works indoors in office environment. May occasionally visit field locations.