Volunteers of America - The Homestead at Rochester is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of a Residence Director!
The Residence Director is responsible for ensuring the general well-being of residents through the delivery of high quality care and services in a manner that is consistent with the philosophy of assisted living and that complies with state and local laws and regulations.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the facility's programs and services.
- Prepare an annual operating budget and capital replacement plan for approval by the Senior Vice President of Operations.
- Keep abreast of the economic conditions and makes adjustments as necessary to assure the continued ability to provide quality care and services.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current trends and new developments in the Senior Housing/ Assisted Living/Home Care fields.
- Assume the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability of directing the programs and activities of the facility.
- Assure that the facility is maintained in a clean and safe manner for resident comfort and convenience by ensuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained to perform duties and services.
- Serves as the Facility Compliance Officer, responsible for implementation of the corporate compliance program and all compliance procedures related to operations of the facility.
- In consultation with the Director of Health Services, conduct initial assessment of residents to assure their needs can be met.
- Coordinate details related to move-ins and move-outs.
- Assure the provision of high quality services needed and/or desired by the residents; meets at least monthly with residents to monitor levels of satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree in a Healthcare Administration or related field or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Must meet all state licensing requirements.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a healthcare environment, at least one of which should include experience in memory care.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and Internet.
- Numerical ability necessary to make various computations in planning departmental objectives, keeping work records and schedules, preparing budgets, requisitioning supplies and monitoring inventory control.
- Ability to work with residents of varying levels of responsiveness.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Able to make a decision in an emergency situation.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.