**THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR A $1,500 SIGN ON BONUS!** This is a 45 hour/pay period position, overnight shift.
Want to work for a company that cares? Put your passion for serving others to work as a Resident Assistant at Ecumen Meadows in Worthington, Minnesota!
We’re hiring caring, compassionate people like you to provide personal care and health-related services to help make the lives of our residents more fulfilling and enjoyable. As a caregiver at Ecumen, you’ll put people at the heart of what you do and find new ways to exceed people’s expectations every day.
Ecumen is over 150-years-old and one of the nation’s top 25 non-profit providers of senior housing and aging services. This year, we’re happy to celebrate our 10th year as a “Best Place to Work.”
The Resident Assistant is responsible for providing personal care and delegated health-related services designed to maintain the resident’s physical and emotional well-being. The Resident Assistant follows the service schedule for each resident and correctly documents services provided.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Assists with medication, treatments and activities of daily living as delegated by the Clinical Director/Manager per individualized care plan.
- Observes, documents and reports changes in physical, cognitive and emotional condition of any of the residents.
- Promotes independence with residents, offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all employees within the community as directed by the Clinical Director or Registered Nurse.
- Orients and coaches assigned employees.
- Completes scheduled cleaning tasks.
- Leads and assists resident activities as assigned.
- Responds appropriately to all safety hazards, call lights, requests and reassignment of duties.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 17 years of age or older
- Current valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable)
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- High school diploma, GED or Higher
- Previous experience with working with seniors
- Licensure/Certification: Certified Nursing Assistant CNA and/or Home Health Aide