An Elder Care Alliance Community
AlmaVia of San Francisco
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? AlmaVia of San Francisco is a vibrant retirement community located within walking distance from Daly City BART Station. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. To Keep our residents and team members safe, we provide all necessary PPE, and adhere to all infection control requirements including regular testing.
A Resident Assistant / Caregiver:
- Provides personal care and services to residents in accordance with resident needs, individual service plans and the philosophy of supportive and resident centered care.
Helps residents with activities of daily living including personal care, bathing, grooming, dressing, bathroom assistance, light housekeeping, and group and individual activities.
- Provides meal and activity escort assistance - walking, wheelchair or walker.
- Documents care through electronic charting.
- Communicates with and responds to residents about their needs.
This job requires:
- Lifting / pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs. and 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Work on weekends and holidays, based on scheduling.
Here’s what you need:
- A passion for working with an aging population.
- Minimum of one year experience working with seniors or be a current CNA, preferably in a long term care environment.
- Working knowledge of computers and typing, sufficient enough to be successful with computerized Point of Care and other systems.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Effective English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully work in a multi-cultural environment.
“Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status”