Make more than a living. Make a difference.
APPLY NOW to be eligible for $1,000 Signing Bonus!
Must be willing and able to work with Covid-19 positive residents.
Members of the Massachusetts Senior Care Association are looking for motivated and compassionate individuals to help long term care facilities maintain the quality of care and dignity our elderly patients deserve. Whether you are just starting out or looking for a new opportunity, now is a perfect time to launch a career in long term care, a profession that is experiencing significant growth. Experience is helpful but not required if you are willing to learn on the job. Selected individuals will have the potential to advance their career with on-site Certified Nurse Aid training. The Resident Care Assistant position is a valuable entry into the fast-paced, rewarding healthcare field.
Resident Care Assistants (RCAs) work with nursing facility staff to assist and support residents in long term care facilities with personal, physical and comfort care. No prior health care experience is necessary. This is a rewarding, entry-level opportunity for anyone who wants to support nursing home residents and individuals with disabilities during this crisis and beyond. Resident Care Assistants will serve shoulder-to-shoulder with our health care worker heroes and gain training and experience on the job. Resident Care Assistants have the potential to receive training to become Certified Nurse Aides (CNAs).
- Follows proper universal precautions and infection control procedures 100% of the time, including:
- Putting on and taking off Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ensures safe environment and safe patient experience
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Utilizes appropriate patient identification methods when providing direct care
- Follows abuse reporting requirements
- Demonstrates safe patient handling and transfers
- Completes designated care tasks timely
- Provides compassionate patient care in a respectful environment
- Maintains patient dignity and rights, and demonstrates sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Provides personal care including:
- Dressing and undressing
- Grooming - Shaving and Nail Care
- Oral Care
- Making beds
- Comfort Care and End of Life Care
- Ensures patient cleanliness through assistance with/provision of hygiene and elimination care
- Assists with safe patient mobility including use of gait belt, wheelchair, mechanical-lift, and other assistive devices
- Provides repositioning/pressure-relief for at-risk patients
- Applies compression stockings, pneumatic compression boots, assistive devices
- Assists with patient nutritional needs, including feeding and adherence to specified dietary orders
- Responds to patient call lights promptly and conducts safety checks as dictated by the institution policy
- Other duties as assigned under direct supervision of nursing staff.
- OPTIONAL: High school diploma/GED
- Additional training related to specific patient population needs to be provided upon-hire, based on facility policy
Conditions of Employment:
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Acceptable CORI, SORI is required
- Drug testing may be required
- Competent in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete a full orientation to the Resident Care Assistant role and responsibilities, including a Licensed/Registered Nurse's evaluation of the applicant's demonstrated basic competencies and effective use of PPE
- Negative TB Test or Screening
- Bending, squatting, kneeling
- Lifting and/or carrying 50 lbs.
- Standing for long periods of time
- Prolonged wearing of PPE, including gloves, masks and face shields
- $1,000/week = base pay + temporary hero pay, shift differentials, overtime and bonuses
- $1,000 Signing Bonus
- On-Site Training and Certification potential
- Potential for rapid advancement
- APPLY NOW to get more details
Please Press the APPLY button at the top of the job listing to begin an exciting career in the growing field of long term care and be eligible for $1,000 signing bonus!
Pharmacy Practice Resident