Who We Are
Cornerstone Healthcare Group is a leading long term acute care hospital group (LTAC) and Senior Living facilities committed to improving the health and well-being of patientsand residents by providing an environment of continuous process improvement, teamwork, integrity, fiscal responsibility and endless customer service. Cornerstone, with its recent merger of Solara Healthcare, is headquartered in Dallas and owns 18 hospitals in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Arizona, West Virginia and Oklahoma.
Why Work for Us?
Our hospitals and Senior Living facilities offer competitive compensation and benefits, but that is not why our employees come to work for us. As a Cornerstone employee, you are truly a valued contributor to our team. It is no wonder why our employees gave us high scores in both overall satisfaction and employee engagement in our latest Cornerstone Employee Partnership Survey.
Our Core Values are woven into the fabric of our culture and ingrained in our employees and how they perform their jobs every day.
The Resident Care Assistant is responsible for providing resident services, including assistance with personal care, medication reminders, social and recreational activities, meal services, and other tasks as needed to facilitate the continued well being of the resident. He or she must be sensitive to the needs and desires of each resident and make an attempt to improve and enrich their lives.
- Ability to project a professional image
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Strong organizational skills
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs
- Freedom from use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience with seniors preferred
- Must meet in-service training requirements
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must maintain current provider CPR certification throughout employment