Weinberg Campus is seeking a Resident Counselor Part-TimeWeekends for our Greenwood Residences in West Seneca, NY.
- The Resident Counselor is responsible for providing support to 13 individuals in a group home for residents 55 years of age, with mental health diagnosis.
- If you are passionate about mental health and want to make a difference; this is a great opportunity for you!
What will I do as a Resident Counselorwith Weinberg Campus?
- Teach residents problem solving skills and development in the following areas:Nutritional Management, Money Management, Time Management and Home Management.
- Allow residents to express their needs and values without imposing personal values.
- Assess resident level of functioning, counseling needs and skills in the area of daily living skills.
- Formulate resident service plans, identify goals, objectives and plans of action.
- Write plans that are behavioral in nature, clearly stated and reflect principles of rehabilitation.
- Meet with residents on a regular basis to monitor performance and develop new objectives and activities.
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum age requirements of 18 years
- Valid New York State Driver License
- At least 6-months of experience working in Human Services or Mental Health Services
- Strongly prefer 2-year or 4-year degree in Human Services or related field
We know the excellent care our residents receive is a direct reflection of our exceptional staff!
In appreciation we offer:
- Competitive pay rates
- Intuitive health benefits including free Dental coverage
- Attractive benefits including a 403(b), paid pension plan & tuition assistance
- Opportunities for professional growth & development
- Supportive teamwork environment
- Weekly pay period
- Fun employee perks and discounts!
Who We Are:
Founded over 100 years ago, Weinberg Campus is a non-profit organization committed to providing the highest level of medical care, personal attention and skilled services. Our bright and expansive Campus includes a variety of senior apartments, assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing care and state-of-the-art rehabilitation.
Caring is more than what we do.It's who we are.
Employment contingent upon a successful criminal background check and physical, including a drug test.
Weinberg Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.0