At Anser Advisory we strive and succeed by creating smart, dynamic and professionally skilled teams to deliver extraordinary projects for our clients. You will work on interesting projects which will expand your expertise and hone your technical skills through the ability to access the most advanced technology on the market. Your successful impact will help us obtain our goal of being the nationwide go-to professional services provider. Anser provides our clients with advisory, compliance, program and project construction management services at the highest level of dedication.
Our relationships are built on our credibility to deliver on our commitments, with unbeatable service levels to our clients which has resulted in our rapid growth, nationwide.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute aspects of required field and office engineering work including, but not limited to the following: inspection of non-structural construction operations; inspection of traffic control system compliance; contract change order (CCO) preparation, review, and analysis; and Water Pollution Control Program (Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan) enforcement, coordination of construction staking and surveying, responding to Request for Information (RFI).
- Perform quality assurance inspections to achieve compliance with contract plans and specifications on all phases of highway and bridge construction, such as paving, structures, striping, grading, SWPPP, drainage, sewer, water, utility relocations, electrical installation sign installation and Read and interpret plans, specifications, and other construction documents.
- Review submittals, including shop drawings, product data, test samples, construction work plans.
- Monitor, coordinate, and enforce construction compliance with contract documents, safety regulations, and environmental documents.
- Perform daily field inspection of roadway construction to ensure compliance with approved plans and specifications.
- Coordinate sampling and testing of construction materials.
- Ensure approved materials are received and correctly incorporated within the project.
- Monitor, coordinate and enforce construction compliance with contract documents, safety regulations, and environmental documents.
- Identify non-compliant work and takes appropriate action to bring back into compliance.
- Immediately report critical issues and/or possible delays to the supervisor.
- Monitor and document all construction equipment, personnel, and activities.
- Maintain an awareness of safety and health requirements and assuring compliance of applicable regulations and contract provisions for the protection of the public and construction project personnel.
- Inspect and approve traffic control systems, including lane closures following CALTRANS standards and requirements.
- Maintain continuous communication with the Resident Engineer and other field personnel and staff.
- Keep the Resident Engineer informed of conditions which could result in contract change orders and/or delays and assist in proactively resolving these situations.
- Assist Resident Engineer with documenting the project progress.
- Perform calculations from the plans verifying location, grade, line, and depth of various elements.
- Ensure all changes and/or modifications are noted on the final plans.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with various contractors, entities, clients, and regulatory agencies.
- Perform constructability review of design plans.
Required Qualifications & Education:
- B.S. or higher degree in Civil Engineering
- PE Registration in the State of California (Desirable)
- Experience with CALTRANS practices and procedures
- 7+ years of experience in roadway or highway inspection
- Minimum 2+ years' of those 7 years as lead worker in roadway inspection
- Experience in CALTRANS roadway/bridge construction projects
- Knowledge and experience with the equipment used in roadway construction inspection, surveying, field testing of construction materials, and construction office engineering.
- Knowledge of Caltrans Standard Plans, Standard Specifications, and Construction Manual.
- Experience in preparation of Claims files, documents and reports.
- Experience in assisting in the preparation claims or claim response.
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, because it makes our firm stronger. Each of us contributes to our inclusive environment in the way we act, our level of commitment, encouragement to others to share their ideas, and our everyday, outstanding teamwork to support our clients. We also support professional development for our staff and celebrate their accomplishments.
Simply put, our firm is better . . . because of the people we work with.