WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting services dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International's Construction Services staff supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
Resident Engineer for Michael Baker International water/wastewater construction management assignments in western PA, predominately in the Pittsburgh area. The Resident Engineer will be acting in both a managerial and participatory role and will be the primary Resident Engineer on the Project and serve as the assistant to the Michael Baker construction management Project Manager.
Candidates should be a PE in the State of Pennsylvania or a Certified Construction Manager (CCM) and must have minimum 15 years significant wastewater treatment project experience in performing the following as responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide construction management services from pre-construction through closeout, including design phase services, constructability reviews, value engineering (VE), bidding assistance, risk management, resident inspection, scheduling, change order evaluation and start-up and commissioning services;
- Review seven major design and construction packages, with the addition of four miscellaneous improvement projects at 30 percent (Value Engineering), 60 percent (Constructability), and 90-100% (Biddability). Michael Baker will verify cost estimates and construction sequencing schedules in every design review;
- Provide services during bidding periods, participating in all pre-bid meetings and assisting client with reviewing bids and the qualifications of the low bidders;
- Provide administrative support during construction with all communication between contractors, design consultants flowing through Michael Baker. Services include document control and change management; developing and maintaining construction CPM schedules for all projects; and monitoring project safety;
- Conduct all construction-related meetings, including pre-construction, pre-installation, and weekly progress meetings; regularly meet with client's staff to inform and facilitate impacts of the Wet Weather Expansion projects on plant operations; and attend weekly cost control meeting to review changes to the construction contracts and review the status of submittals, RFIs, change orders and disputes and schedules to identify potential claims or issues;
- Provide resident inspection and supervision of inspectors to monitor progress and quality of work and to ensure that the client can operate the plant with safety and efficiency; and inspect the work at substantial and final completion and develop punch construction lists;
- Overall supervision and coordination of construction contractors to provide resources for and support of the start-up activities; lead the physical checkout and acceptance portions of the commissioning process to verify all equipment was installed properly, instruments calibrated, and all wiring properly terminated and checked; plan, witness, and verify acceptance and performance testing; develop and verify appropriate checklists for each project, system, and equipment; monitoring the equipment and systems through the start-up period; and manage project closeout; and
- Coordinate with client's Operations and Maintenance departments all contractor activities with the potential to impact plant operations and performance.
- Four-Year degree preferred in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, and/or related field.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant wastewater treatment project management experience.
- Pennsylvania Professional Engineer (PE) or Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) Certified Construction Manager (CCM) required.
- Relocation to Pittsburgh preferred.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.