Working for Holiday Retirement
Holiday Retirement helps older people live better, and we accomplish this by following these principles:
- Older people are vibrant and deserve the best experience.
- We promote independence and create choice to do your thing.
- We appreciate and respect our residents, families, associates, and guests.
- We believe in life-long learning, growth, and staying connected.
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of older people, we’d love to talk to you.
In the role of Resident Experience Coordinator, you will work side by side with resident’s discovering their strengths and talents to provide a purpose for each new day. Facilitating connections so people become well-known and belong to the community is an integral component of every task. Once individuals discover their strengths, engage in their purpose, and belong to the community, activities emerge.
Resident Experience Coordinator:
- Finds ways for associates & residents to work together to restore meaningful joys.
- Assume responsibility to educate other associates on creating an environment where strengths, purpose & belonging flourish & grow.
- Suggest topics & lead learning circles focused on the resident’s experience.
- Involves residents in all resident experience decision & asks residents for solutions to any issues the community encounters.
- Serves as the first point of contact for residents & guests; covers the reception desk and answers incoming calls as determined by management.
- Supports residents and guests with questions, concerns and emergencies; may be the first point of contact for emergency responders and/or regulatory agencies.
- Supports community operations to ensure the highest levels of resident experience and satisfaction.
- Encourages resident volunteerism and tracks metrics of hours that residents are giving back to others.
- Produce a monthly newsletter/calendar of events and activities.
- Adheres to monthly budget and continually looks for ways to enhance the resident experience in terms of the quality of programs paid vendors deliver.
- Plan and implement special seasonal events to celebrate resident birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays.
- Keeps Activity Room organized and welcoming.
- Implement and carryout Resident Welcome Home Program as well as assuming partial responsibility for resident satisfaction with in the first 90 days.
- Lead exercise sessions and coordinate with professional instructors to teach fitness classes (i.e., Tai Chi or Yoga) – based on budget and/or resident interest.
- Coordinate resident and public volunteers to successfully enhance daily activities and events – focusing on volunteers’ interests and passions.
- Participate in regional conference calls and companywide trainings.
- Build relationships and market program successes on a weekly basis with local community contacts. Network to establish opportunities for residents to volunteer and give back to the local community.
- Promote your activities, events, and community within the media by working with Support Center Communications and Resident Experience (PR opportunities, Facebook, Yammer, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Senior Fitness Instructor Certification preferred; or activity/fitness related work experience with senior citizens, and familiarity with challenges that affect seniors.
- Must possess a good driving record, valid drivers’ license and a current CDL License or be able to obtain a CDL within 60 days of employment to safely operate the Community bus for activity and program related outings.
- Strong team player!
- 40 hour/work week with flexibility to shift hours or work additional hours if budgeted and approved.
- Thorough knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Holiday Retirement is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Holiday Retirement is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, gender identity or expression, or other protected categories according to state and local laws.
Req ID: 68246