Reports to: Regional Assistant / Asset Manager
Department: Property Management
Employment Regular, non-exempt
Overview: This position is responsible for renting units, responding to tenant concerns, and managing the general premises on a daily basis.
1. Renting vacancies
a. Show vacancies within 24 hours of someone calling to make an appointment;
b. Rent vacancies within 1 month;
c. Coordinate with Portfolio Administrator to order and place signage within 3 days of receiving a 30 day notice;
d. Post vacancy listings and flyers in front of building and neighboring areas within 3 days of receiving a 30 day notice;
e. Place ads in free media outlets such as craigslist everyday;
f. Check media outlets every once a week to ensure your ads are properly advertised in media outlets such as craigslist, daily breeze and pennysaver;
g. Conduct initial screening of applicants that apply on the property;
h. Keep vacant units clean for showing on a daily basis;
i. Ensure rental application and lease agreement is complete within 24 hours after prospects and new residents sign paperwork ;
j. Collect deposit within 24 hours of applicants approval, or follow up with applicant or office to ensure deposit is collected;
k. Track daily prospect flowsheet and follow up with prospects every day;
l. Hold open houses on weekends when necessary;
m. Obtain materials needed to help rent units such as signage, balloons, furniture, gift baskets, etc.
2. Customer Service/Tenant Relations
a. Respond to tenant and prospective tenant phone calls and emails within 24 hours;
b. Negotiate and mediate tenant problems effectively within a reasonable time frame;
c. Enforce apartment rules daily.
d. Conduct bi-annual apartment inspections.
3. Rent Collections
a. Collect rents and late payments;
b. Write up receipts for tenants and keep receipt and filled out rent roll to submit to the office
c. Bring any late payments to the office within 24 hours;
d. Set up office hours to collect rent in person from your tenants every month;
e. Serve late rent notices;
f. Report delinquencies to Portfolio Administrator by 4th of month.
4. Record Keeping
a. Complete Resident Manager weekly reports including vacancies, delinquencies and Resident Manager timesheets and email to Portfolio Administrator every Monday by 10 am;
b. Maintain inventory of tools, equipment and furniture.
a. For unit readiness: ensure maintenance, paint, carpet and cleaning is finished in a timely manner and follow-up with the Maintenance Department to check on progress daily;
b. Call vendors when necessary on established work orders authorized by Portfolio Administrator;
c. Review Maintenance Technician’s work by signing the Tech’s work order at end of each work day;
d. Clean the property regularly including but not limited to, garbage areas, entry, driveways, walkway, laundry room, lawn, stairs and decks, carports, signs and façade, etc. on a daily basis;
e. Screen maintenance requests by verifying resident request immediately;
f. Clean & replace air heat filters;
g. Fix minor maintenance requests such as light plumbing stoppages, door or window screen repairs or replacements, stove burners, handles and knobs, door knobs and cabinet catch replacements, plumbing faucet washer replacements, electric switch replacements, disposal repairs, toilet seat replacements, removal of door locks, and replacement of keys- or other requests as agreed upon with your Portfolio Administrator within a week of the request and/or as soon as you see the need for repair;
h. Fix building lights, set time clocks and replace bulbs within a week;
i. Clean oils, spills or hazards on floor, pavement or walkways within a week:
j. Check for and remove graffiti within 3 days of seeing it;
k. Check and replace smoke detectors including battery quarterly.
Duties 1. Perform other tasks and special projects as required;
2. Prepare for and attend trial cases, lockouts and debriefings.
1. High School diploma or GED required
2. Minimum 3 years experience as Resident Manager, with CHPP Certification preferred
3. Proven track record of ability to rent a unit quickly
4. Bi-lingual in Spanish and English a plus
5. Must have access to computer
6. Strong computer proficiency, including MS programs
7. Strong command of internet research and navigation
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
9. Ability to interface with all levels of individuals, both internally and externally, in a professional manner including tenants, co workers, Portfolio Administrator and management
10. Team player, with strong work ethic and hands-on experience
11. Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making
12. Experience handling conflict resolution in a tactful and productive manner
13. Strong organizational and time management skills;
14. Able to work in a fast-paced environment with heavy deadlines
15. Must be highly adaptable to meet unexpected changes and delays
16. Some walking, standing, bending required
17. Flexible schedule to attend meetings, court cases and lock outs.
18. Required travel to the office
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.