BASIC FUNCTION: Provides a supportive setting for building residents, staff and visitors and ensures outreach, crisis management and life skills functions are being provided.
- Meets, greets, checks identifications and announces visitors to residents and staff.
- Maintains daily log of complaints and incidents in the building.
- Provides assistance to the clients when outside agencies are conducting home visits.
- Calls 911 in emergencies and informs Emergency Operator of emergency.
- Support and assist the individuals in developing skills that will further their independence, increase their community involvement and improve their quality of life.
- Address and access client’s needs in crisis situations. Follow protocols written in the LESC Policy and Procedure handbook.
- Engage tenants with outreach and life skills regarding substance abuse, HIV/AIDS and overall health.
- Assists tenants with filling out complaint forms, work orders and relays information to appropriate staff for follow up.
- Answers central telephones and relays messages to staff and residents.
- Records and maintains log of incidents.
- Monitors resident activity and ensures their safety.
- Assists program staff as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
QUALIFICATION - EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Fireguard (F-01) Certification required or must be attained within first 6 months of employment.
- High School Diploma, GED and/or a satisfactory equivalent combination of education and/or training and experience.
- Experience in permanent or transitional housing, or community facility, or related social services areas.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Sensitivity to issues involved in working with diverse organization is essential.
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish are a plus.
SCHEDULE: Saturday-Sunday 4pm-12am
LOCATION: Bronx, NY 10462
To join our diverse team, please include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume/application submission.