Peabody Properties | Peabody Resident Services, Inc. (PRSI) has an exciting opportunity for a social services professional to be part of a Supportive Housing Team serving
residents with physical disabilities in a brand new, fully accessible, independent living apartment community located in the Ashmont area of Dorchester.
The ideal candidate works on-site with management and links residents to supportive services, such as PRSI’s Home Care (GAFC) Program; networks with area providers; and
coordinates on-site wellness and enrichment activities, including education programs specific to chronic diseases challenging the residents, caregiver training and movie and
game nights. Position works collaboratively with The Boston Home, whose out-patient services will be available to residents and the Greater New England Chapter of the
National Multiple Sclerosis Society, which will hold support groups on-site.
Requirements of the Resident Service Coordinator
- B.A. in Social Work, Psychology or Human Services is preferable; a four year college
- degree is fully acceptable.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in social services delivery with elders, families,
- and/or persons with disabilities, and proven ability to provide results through a
- concrete problem-solving approach to issues.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of area supportive services and other
- community resources.
- Strong communication, organizational, writing, and computer skills.
- Case management and program coordination experience required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Peabody Properties, Inc. offers competitive pay along with a rich benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, medical, dental, 401(k), STD, life insurance, Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), paid time off, paid holidays, paid training, tuition reimbursement, wellness programs, employee referral bonuses, and flex spending.
Peabody Properties, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workforce diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. If you require a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail our Talent Acquisition Manager and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment.