Office Location: Homestead Park - Sunnyvale, CA
MidPen Housing is a non-profit organization who develops high-quality affordable housing communities, professionally manages the properties in those communities, and provides services to residents.
The Resident Services Coordinator plays a vital role in delivering and engaging partners to deliver educational, health and wellness, and asset-building programming for residents of MidPen properties. The Resident Services Coordinator provides access to and delivers programs such as: After School Program, Summer Program, Academic Support and College Readiness Assistance, ELL and ESL Programs, Health and Education Workshops, Nutrition and Physical Activity, Financial Stability and Capability Training, Rental Assistance, and Lease Education. This position also leads outreach efforts and plans community events/interactions which builds trust and engagement.
This is position travels between Santa Clara/South Counties.
Program Efficacy & Efficiency
- Delivers onsite programs, ensures implementation of programs at assigned locations to meet agreed internal standards and objectives and applicable regulatory expectations.
- Conducts door-to-door, phone, e-mail outreach and other marketing strategies to make residents aware of services offered.
- Prepares and submits all necessary program documentation by MidPen and external agencies as required.
- Assists in and/or provide crisis intervention and follow-up (including but not limited to child abuse or adult abuse reporting) and implements mandated reporting policies and procedures.
- Maintains accurate property-level records and files (including but not limited to entering data and tracking all service activities on a daily/weekly/monthly basis).
- Ensures timely property-level reporting, consistent with Services’ policies, procedures and trainings.
- Familiar with Services’ partnership goals and selection criteria; engages with property-level partners to support these goals/criteria and communicates with supervisor where improvements may be needed.
- Collaborates well with local community agencies in proximity to assigned property.
- Monitors provision of services provided by partners at assigned property.
- Supports property-level needs assessments and associated follow-up (e.g. community meetings).
- Participates in development of property plans and is responsive to resident needs.
- Communicates and executes actions based on needs assessment.
Effective Team Building
- Participates in staff and team meetings, trainings, group outings and other site sponsored events.
- Apprises direct supervisor of activities and incidents in a timely manner.
- Cultivates collaborative relationships with Property Management and other colleagues.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.A. or B.S. in Education, Social Work, Sociology or combination of education and commensurate work experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working in any of the following related areas:
- Families, adults and youth in a diverse population
- Youth (5-12 age range) in a classroom or after school setting
- Older adults/elderly support and service
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent reading, writing and verbal communications skills.
- Solid judgment, discretion, and problem-solving skills when working with families and students.
- Effectively use Outlook, OneDrive, Teams, Zoom, Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite and other technology tools to support interactions with peers and supervisor.
- Experience with collaborating with local service providers and assisting with implementing and coordinating programs and services.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License, proof of current auto insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently sitting
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
- Must be available to work 9:00am – 6:00pm Monday through Friday; a minimum of one but up to two or more evening(s) until 7:00pm, and occasional weekends required.
- Ability to travel between properties.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, MidPen Housing Corp. will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.