The Director of Resident Care Services position is to direct the provision of nursing services to facility residents. Director of Resident Care Services will oversee the development and implementation of resident care plans and assure the provision of the best available quality of care for facility residents.
- Maintains appropriate nursing service obligations, goals, and standards of nursing practices consistent with licensure requirements and the Nurse Practice Act.
- Oversees, directs, and coordinates nursing staff to provide proper resident care consistent with standard nursing practices.
- Participates in screening prospective residents as well as ongoing assessment of resident needs.
- Assures staff adherence to appropriate infection control procedures, quality assurance programs and OSHA procedures are followed.
- Functions as the liaison between facility and other outside caregivers.
- Conducts employee conferences, counseling and evaluations. Participates in the hiring of new nursing employees and the orientation process to the facility and the residents. Assists in the ongoing in-service education of nursing staff.
- Responsible for adhering to the nursing service budget.
- Assumes responsibility/authority for decision regarding all aspects of nursing care, consulting with the Director of Assisted Living, Nurse Consultants, and other resources.
- Assures provision of appropriate medications, treatments and nursing services according to care plans and physician’s instructions.
- Monitors/controls inventories of drugs and supplies.
- Notifies the Director of Assisted Living, physician and family or responsible party in the event of a significant change in the resident’s condition.
- Formulates plan of care based on a resident assessment and completes resident care attendant assignments based on needs of the resident.
- Attends all department head meetings, staff meetings and serves on appropriate committees as deemed necessary by the Director of Assisted Living.
- Current, valid licensure as a RN or LVN required
- Knowledge regarding licensure requirements in long-term healthcare or assisted living
- 2+ years experience in assisted living setting providing care to geriatric-age patients
- Management/Supervisory experience required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills needed
- Strong written and verbal skills required
Property / Real Estate / Community Manager