Our Residential Care Specialists play a life changing role in the treatment programs of our residents. You will become part of an incredible team who partner with the respective program manager to assist in the oversite of residents’ care, medication administration, programming, activities and other related services to meet physical and emotional needs. This role serves residents’ ages from 8 years to adult.
You will gain career experience to develop and progress with a nationally recognized behavioral health leader. This role allows you to make a lasting impact on our residents. Working with treatment experts, Residential Care Specialists can provide clear insights to the team while learning about different diagnoses and treatment plans, including cognitive and dialectical behavior therapies.
Our Residential Care Specialists roles are often suited for new graduates with a degree in psychology or human services, or with experience in behavioral health.
This is a PM/NOC Shift .32 hours per week. Full Time Benefits
Scheduled weekly hours:
- Every other Weekend rotation is required
- Holiday rotation is required 3 times a year
- Shift differential premium for nights, overnights, weekends and holidays
- Line of service: (child, adolescent, adult)
Key responsibilities for this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Monitoring the safety of the residents by: assuming responsibility and monitoring the whereabouts of assigned residents during your shift: observing patients during meals; evaluating residents and communicating to the staff observed behaviors to anticipate clinical concerns; and utilizing your knowledge of potential indicators of dangerous behavior and intervening appropriately to maintain resident safety.
- Monitoring the safety of the facility by: reporting identified medical concerns to a member of the medical staff; maintaining updated knowledge of policies and procedures for patient safety, and emergency or evacuation plan; complete daily rounds for safety, door lock and alarms; completing maintenance reports and appropriate documentation when an employee or visitor has been injured; keeping an updated knowledge in life-sustaining techniques and emergency first-aid and maintaining the safety and confidentiality of the patient and patient records.
Requirements for this position include:
- Residential Care Specialist working within our Child/Adolescent Units require a bachelor’s degree in Human Services (psychology, sociology, social work)
- Candidates must be eighteen (18) years of age, or older and have a valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
- Experience working with the identified population is preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a behavioral health facility with the identified population is desired.
- This role requires patience, compassion, a perceptive nature, and a positive outlook.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of safety differences/regulations regarding the adult and adolescent population.
- New Graduates are encouraged to apply
Specific physical/mental demands that are unique to the Residential Care Specialist role includes:
- Work takes place in both inside and outside of the residential facility. Will be involved in a physically active recreational program that may require lifting of equipment or supplies up to thirty (30) pounds and the ability to walk two (2) miles without difficulty.
- Verbal and hearing abilities are required to interact with patients and employees and you must be physically/mentally able to perform the job duties as verified by a physical exam by a licensed physician in a post-employment physical.
- Strong interpersonal skills along with the ability to plan, control and direct your communications with patients, employees and medical staff. Excellent critical thinking skills are a must as you will be making decisions in initiating and implementing policies and procedures and standards.
- Possess integrity, initiative, and a willingness to learn. Be dependable, flexible, efficient, patient, and demonstrate a positive dedicated attitude.
Rogers is committed to the development of our employees and supports our Residential Care Specialists by providing formal training for:
- American Heart Association CPR certification must be obtained within thirty (30) days of employment start date.
- Training in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI) is required within 60 days of date of hire. Annual re-certification is required.
- First-aid training is required within ninety (90) days of employment.
- Community Based Residential Facility (CBRF) fire safety training is required within ninety (90) days of employment.
- Medication Administration Certification training.
This is a great opportunity to work with an interdisciplinary team including Psychiatrists, Nurses and Masters Prepared Counselors.
To apply please visit our Career Center on the website https://rogersbh.org/careers and complete an online application.
ABOUT ROGERS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Based in Wisconsin since 1907, Rogers Behavioral Health is a private, not-for-profit provider of behavioral health services and is nationally recognized for its specialized psychiatry and addiction services. Anchored by the main campus in Oconomowoc, WI, Rogers offers evidence-based treatment for adults, children, and adolescents with depression and other mood disorders, eating disorders, addiction, obsessive-compulsive and anxiety disorders, and Trauma (PTSD).
Rogers provides residential care and has three inpatient facilities that serve southeastern Wisconsin. Rogers also offers outpatient services throughout the state of Wisconsin as well as in California, Florida, Illinois, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee.
The System also includes Rogers Behavioral Health Foundation, which supports patient care, programs, and research; and Rogers InHealth, an initiative that works to eliminate the stigma of mental health challenges. For more information, visit www.rogersbh.org.
#behavioralhealth, #mentalhealth, # residentialcounselor, #psychology, #sociology, #socialservices, #Rogersbehavioralhealth, #rogershospital, #ocd, #substanceabuse, #depression, #inpatient, #eatingdisorder, #child, #adolescent, #adult, #innovative, #crisesintervention, #casemanagement, #emotional, #behavioral, #compulsive, #medicationadministration, #newgrad, #gaincareerexperience, #training, #Behavioraltech, #behavioraltechnician